Where Do Montgomery County Residents Work?
In 2008, 50% of residents lived and worked in Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg, 19% commuted to locations in the New River Valley (i.e. Counties of Giles, Floyd, Pulaski and the City of Radford), and 10% commuted to locations in the Roanoke Valley (i.e. Roanoke County and the Cities of Roanoke and Salem).
Local & Regional Job Opportunities
- jobs.roanoke.com - Listing maintained by the Roanoke Times. Pre-defined search criteria provides listing of employment opportunities within 30 miles of Montgomery County
- Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center - Home to over 180 research, technology and support companies. The VTCRC also employees over 3,000 people. Companies located in the VTCRC post job openings to this website.
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council - Technology jobs and non-tech jobs with technology companies in the New River and Roanoke Valleys.
- Virginia Workforce Connections - This job board is maintained by the Virginia Employment Commission.
Recruitment/Job Placement Firms
- Bright Services - To search jobs locally, click on offices titled "New River Valley" or "Roanoke"
- Express Employment Professionals - To search jobs in the locally, select "VA - Fairlawn" and "VA - Roanoke" from the "Select Express Locations" box.
- Siegel Link, LLC - Siegel Link provides recruiting and staffing services for all skill sets; however, our specialties are IT, manufacturing and engineering in the New River Valley and Roanoke Valley.
Services for Job-Seekers and the Unemployed